Council bosses in Stoke on Trent have been forced to correct a blunder on the street after workers installed a bin on a lamppost – SEVEN FEET up in the air.
Residents thought that someone had been playing a prank on them when they awoke to see the waste bin out of arm’s reach.
It is thought the blunder occurred due to workmen leaving the lower part of the lamp-post clear so engineers could access wiring inside.
A complaint was lodged with the council’s environmental health department after seeing people struggle to dispose of their rubbish.
And officials at Stoke-on-Trent City Council had the useless item removed just 24 hours after it was installed.
Peter Price, the council’s assistant director for technical services, admitted the location of the bin was “daft”.
Posted by TopSkips.com